Thursday, October 22, 2009

Hand Crafted Bone Guitar Slides by MojoBone

Custom engraved bone guitar slide made by MojoBone Works.

I have been checking out Randy's slides for awhile now and have heard great things about them from players and builders alike that have been fortunate enough to order one.

Randy is a true artist; utilizing his impressive carving skills to create some of the most attractive, comfortable, and functional bone slides I’ve ever seen in my life.

One player/builder of Cigar Box Guitars said, "After hearing so many players say such great things about these slides, I decided that I wanted to try one for myself. I’ve been experimenting with a lot of different sounds lately and actively working to improve my guitar playing and as part of this, I wanted to check out the sounds that I could get from different slides (all I ever used was brass). I’ve been interested in bone for a while now as it had been explained to me that there is really no substitute if you’re trying to achieve a roots-era 20’s to 30’s sound."


You will never see another slide shaped like this one unless you order one from Randy yourself. Top to bottom, it is absolutely incredible. The slide itself is good and meaty with plenty of weight behind it but the part that wraps your knuckle is carved quite thin and you barely notice that it’s there when you’re playing. The whole thing is polished as smooth as glass. Those notches along the side make a perfect resting place for your other fingers, and he even goes so far as to texture the inside of the slide with grooves in order to give your slide finger extra tactile grip.

On top of all this, every slide that he sends out comes with some adhesive moleskin that you can wrap around the inside to ensure the right fit.

Randy also includes a custom made bone pick – something he could probably get as much as $10 for. He just likes to throw them in.


This will give you an idea of MojoBone Works artful slides. For more information on MojoBone Works slides you can email Randy at farmish@comcast.net

No comments: