Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas was good, New Year hopeful

I enjoyed Christmas with family and friends. It was relaxing and low keyed just the way I like them!

New Year's is around the corner and I'm hopeful with Barrack Obama coming into office. Wow does he ever have a job cut out for him. The last eight years have been completely mishandled to put it lightly.

The last few weeks I have been re-reading Deepak Chopra's "The Book of Secrets" and have come across some paragraphs that reminded me of thoughts I have had and clung onto myself.

As I take this time to reflect on the current state of affairs in our country, corrupt politicians (as I'm sure the rest of the world suffers from too) the following thoughts resurface for me and seem to be mentally underlined in Deepak's book:

I see that I am unique. Uniqueness means that there is no one else who is exactly like you. I gain a feeling of strength and self-esteem. I have a sense of standing out from the crowd and being proud that I do! I realize I don't have to imitate anyone else and it feels right. I feel free of other people's opinions of me. Most of all I have a growing desire to act with integrity.

No comments: